Tuesday 14 June 2011

Saskatchewan

Saskatchewan - sa-skach-uh-won
(for those who don't know how to pronounce it!)

Hard to spell easy to draw.
You can see your dog run away for 2 weeks.

Nobody in the world knows where is unless you are Canadian.

(for those who don't know where it is!)
Those Canadians make fun of it when you tell them that's where you are from.

But for ME, Saskatchewan is HOME. I Love it, and Miss it.
I think it is one of those things that you don't realize how much you love it until you don't have it anymore.

I polled most of the contacts in my phone to see what THEY loved about MY HOME.
Most of them gave the same answers, which isn't really a big surprise considering the contacts I have in my phone!!
But what was surprising was that the most 'obvious' answer was often the last answer that was given.

So what do people love about Saskatchewan??
They love:
the friendly people.
The weather.
The women! (Lol)
The scenery.
The lakes.
The unpredictability.
The small town feel.
It feels like one big community.
The sunsets.
There are Good people doing good things.
There is 4 seasons.
That is where our family lives.
Its is the home of the best damn football team in the CFL.
Everybody is not in a Huge rush to get nowhere fast.
There is gorgeous lake and cottage country.
We feed the country.(You're welcome!)
People say hello when walking down the street.

That is what WE love about Saskatchewan.
I love All of those things too.(Well with the exception of the women!)
But I also love that I was born and raised there.
MOST of my family is there. All my friends are there.
I love that Craven is there!
I love that we pay less for car insurance!
I love that we have something that brings the ENTIRE province together.
It doesn't matter where in the world you are. There is ALWAYS something to talk about!

Most of all I love that Saskatchewan is MY HOME.
No matter where in the world I end up living I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the place I grew up!!

xoxo Amy D.

OH yeah... And it's not Alberta!







Thanks to everybody for playing along with me!

(there is EVERYBODY happy now??)

No comments:

Post a Comment