Sunday 3 February 2013

Sometimes you've just got to laugh!

I had a customer the other day ask me where we kept our table runners. Not an uncommon thing to hear in my line of work. I led her to the corner where we keep ALL of our table runners. She looked at me and said "Oh, I've already seen these ones. Don't you have any wider ones? These are so narrow."
-- So my first gut reaction was to say to her. "If you've already seen the table runners why did you ask me where we kept the table runner?"
Instead I said: "Oh these are the only ones we've got sorry. They just come in the standard width."
"Are you sure these are all you have?" She asked in hopes that I would change my answer.
"Yes, we only keep them in the one spot. We do have some on the tables for show, but they have doubles in this display. So all the table runners in the store are just right here. Sorry." I responded in hopes she would understand.
"Are you sure you sure you don't have any wider ones in the back?"
"Yes. They are all right here I promise."

...

I shook my head and walked away!

I especially like how she kept asking me if we had any others like I was going to give in and show her our stash of extra wide table runners.

Some people just make me laugh...

Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment