Thursday 7 July 2011

Happy -Belated- Canada Day

Happy -Belated- Canada Day!


Sorry for the late post folks but I have been at HOME (in Saskatchewan) and away from my computer.
 However I still feel it appropriate to wish all of my fellow Canadians a
Happy Canada Day.
(and the Americans a Happy 4th of July. Just to be nice! lol)
I of course did some asking around to some friends of mine what was it that they loved most about Canada. Let me tell you. I got some interesting answers! 
Ha Ha!
 So from the friends and family of Amy Dormuth,
THIS
 is what we love about Canada:

"No matter how idiotic peple are, they are still more polite than in most of the countries I've been to!"

"I love that our nations colors are the colors of my favorite wines... Red.. and ... white!"

"I love that we are free to make our own chioces and that people are so easy to get along with and are friendly with each other."

"Maple syrup and beavers" (?? lol)

"It is a free Country and we are loved around the World"

"I appreciate what our flag stands for, and means. The freedom that we as Canadians have to live our lives as we choose."

"The lifestyle is relaxed and laid back. There is no rush to get things done."

"I like most things about our climate. We have a strong economy, we have lots of cool people places and things. We have a little something for everyone (except tropical destinations) AND Santa Clause lives here!"

"One year maternity leave, free'ish health care, freedom we have, and it is a relatively safe place to live."

"The beer and hockey."

"The charter of Rights and Freedoms."

AS you can see I have a very interesting bunch of friends and family!! ha ha

I love everything about Canada! I was born here and I will die here.
People can say what they want about Canada. But I will love this country until the day that I die(and longer)


Hey, I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader....
I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dogsled....
and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada,
although I'm certain they're really really nice.

I have a Prime Minister, not a President.
I speak English and French, not American.
And I pronounce it 'about', not 'a boot'.

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.
I believe in peace keeping, not policing,
diversity, not assimilation,
and that the Beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.
A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch,
and it is pronounced 'zed' not 'zee', 'zed' !!!!

Canada is the second largest landmass!
The first nation of Hockey!
and the best part of North America
My name is Amy
And I am Proud to be Canadian!!!

Tell me in the comments what YOU love about Canada.
Or the contry that YOU call home!

2 comments:

  1. Good Post Sweetheart, I love you. Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oopsie! Sorry I forgot to tweet you back! There is bunches of things I love about Canada - and somethings I could do without (you hear me -40 weather...)
    I see you are a jerk that is not following me yet! I even talked about you in my post the other day xP Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete